Wednesday 9 July 2008

4th Festivities. . .

I love the 4th of July. It is my favorite holiday. I love the red white and blue, the parades, the yummy food, the fireworks and I love living in this amazing Country. We had a great 4th this year. We hung out all weekend with our new adopted family the Rays. Thank goodness we have them here to play with or we would be so lonely. On Thursday evening we went to the city for the Taste of Chicago and then enjoyed an amazing fireworks show- probably the best we have ever seen. The crowds that night were IN SANE but it was fun to be a part of it all. Then Friday we met up with the Rays at their beach in Glencoe, ate some good grub, played in the sand and watched some more amazing fireworks. The kids had a great time as well- Kalem pretended he didn't like the big bang in the sky but he really did. I refuse to have a child who doesn't appreciate a good firework show. We are missin our fam and friends back home- hope you all had a fab 4th.

3 comments:

camihubrich said...

There is nothing like the 4th of July. It is also my favorite holiday. Always so much to do and then of course the fireworks. I love love love fireworks. You guys are a good lookin group. I'm glad that you found some good friends, it makes all the difference in the world.

Rachie said...

We had so much for with you guys. I hope we can do it every year!

We do look like sisters :)

Anonymous said...

So fun. Looks like Kalem had fun with his little buddy too. Happy 4th hope you guys are happy. Are you moving back anytime soon? Just wishful thinking!!