Wednesday 17 September 2008

Our little Preschooler


Little K started Preschool last week and oh what an experience it has been. The first day he was ok until we got there - then it was cling on and lots of tears but a happy boy when I picked him up. The second day was worse which I had expected. A half hour before we went it was 'I don't want to go to preschool, I want to stay home'- 'send Quincy mommy'- I don't want to be a big boy, I am too little for preschool'. I have to give him credit he was giving me the serious guilt trip and it was working. Then it was a fight to get him into the car and he screamed the whole way there. I had to drag him back out of the car and he was kicking and screaming 'don't leave me, please don't leave me'. It was horrible. Luckily his teachers were happy to just take the poor kid off my hands and deal with it in their own little way. And again a very happy boy when I picked him up. Monday was a few tears on the way and the teachers said only 30 seconds of crying after I left. And Today . . . NOT one single tear. He marched right on in there, stood in line and 'said by mom, see ya in a couple weeks.' It was pretty funny and such a relief from the previous experience. I know he is loving it, he just isn't willing to admit that yet. It has been good for both of us to have a little space and great for him to gain some independence. With a little bribery from daddy and grandpa- anything is possible!!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Kalem is jsut the same as his little twin Jamie!!!!!! Glad he is settling in to pre school.Jamie is loving his new nursery too. Just watch- it won't be long before we are sending them off to real school- now there is a scary thought! Loads of love from all of us to all of you xxxxxxx

Kelly said...

What a funny boy!! That reminded me of the when he started going to nursery at church. Wasn't he the same way? He's a crack up..."see ya in a couple of weeks".

kimberly said...

That is such a cute story! It made me smile, thanks for sharing.