Saturday 11 July 2009

4th of July. . .

We spent our 4th at Bear Lake this year. It has been a while since we have celebrated our countries Independence up at the lake. We had a great time doing what we do best. . .


A little bit of this. . .

Playing cards and A little more of this. . . Quite a bit of this. . .
and just spending time together.
Every time we go home both Trev and I question why we don't move back sooner than later. Kalem gets along so well with all of the cousins and keeps asking when we are going back to see them.
Quincy on the other hand, she is going through a mommy attached stage. She wouldn't let me put her down for a second. It was tiring. Hopefully she will pull out of that soon.
(our little firecracker)

We got to experience the latest Thatcher Tradition which is the Paris Rodeo on the 4th. I am so glad we got to be a part of the festivities this year.
We hear how fun this Rodeo is and each year the cousins come home with Chickens and Pigs that they win in the races!! This year CC and Chase were the proud new owners of 2 baby goats.


Trev enrolled Kalem into the Calf Riding - yeah picture bull riding just on a smaller scale and instead of a cowboy hat he had on a HELMET.
I was sick to my stomach as I watched my little boy in the shoot getting instructions on how to hold on for his life. Sure enough that calf came out bucking and poor Kalem didnt have a clue as to what was happening. After 2 good bucks he went barrelling through the air - Needless to say he wasn't too impressed with the ride. I got some good video footage and we still have a laugh watching it in slow mo. We asked him if he will ever do it again and he says maybe when i get a little bigger- I think that's a good idea bud.
Anyway, a big thanks to Gram and Pa for all that you do and for making such a great effort to ensure the whole family gets together for special times like these. WE LOVE YOU!
CHEERS!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Tina, I told you to email me a clip of Kalem at the rodeo. Where is it? Get on that please.

Dev