Wednesday 21 May 2008

Convenience kind of gal. . .

or otherwise described as lazy. Today I had one of those I am happy to be back in America moments. I had two sleeping children and I needed to make a transaction at the bank and how happy was I to be able to drive up to a window and take care of this business. I didn't have to park the car, wake up two sleeping children, drag them into the bank, wait in line only to be told they can't help me with this transaction (its a new bank account and I don't have all the kinks worked out yet) - and then be ticked off that i went through all of that pandemonium for nothin. Its pretty nice to have the convenience of Drive-Thru banking. Just to name a few other conveniences I love:

  • Pay at the pump
  • Drive Thru Pharmacy's
  • super TARGET- one stop shopping (seriously who doesn't LOVE target??)

I do miss Tesco groceries home delivery in Scotland (among many other things)- I know they have a service like that here in IL I just haven't gotten around to using it yet. In Scotland you bag your own groceries and I was NEVER great at it. I was slower then normal and always holding up the line. I am sure its one of those things that you get better at the more you do it but even after 3 years of doin' it I never seemed to be that great at it- needless to say It's really nice to have my groceries bagged for me especially when I have the two kiddos there. Its hard enough that I have to drag a car load of groceries up to my second floor apartment. A friend recently posted that 'Moms cant be lazy' so thank you Rachel for helping me feel like my love for conveniences doesn't necessarily mean I am lazy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true. We don't realize how good we have it though. It's amazing how kids just naturally can mother. Even Afton was swaddling the care bears today and telling me to "Shush" while rocking it. She hasn't even seen me with a baby. How cute is the name Holland too. Love it. We actually have habanero peppers in Mexico stuffed with a ton of cheese so it takes a little of the heat out, but still pretty intense. Cute plant though. You just might have to keep it as that and treat the peppers as flowers. And love the picture of Trevor and Kalem. We hardly got to see him when you guys were here. I'm sure he loves his dad. He sounds like Jeff and Devin after golfing Wasatch though with all his animal sightings. Hey and I think the block of cheese is just like a few sippy cups of milk right. Love that kids bodies can handle so much fat and their little metabolism just burns through it. I want to have that pleasure. Anyway--you have been busy with all of your posts. I swear I just checked it a couple of days ago. Glad to keep up to date. Did you guys get your house?

Rachie said...

I wish there we more drive-thru restaurants!

h2d said...

Tiny, if you get this, shoot me an email. Cam and I are trying to get a hold of you, but all we have it Trev's cell number. Where's the best place to reach you now days? Either phone or email? You can reach us at hdhubrich@yahoo.com.

Love you guys. Hope all's well.

~Hans & Cami