Sunday 18 May 2008

Just the boys. . .

On Sunday afternoon Trev took Kalem on a long walk in the field behind our apartment complex. They were gone for a good amount of time enough time for me to get some peace and quiet to myself which I appreciated so much!! When they got home Kalem was so EXCITED to tell me all about what he saw on their adventure. I love how animated he was when he was telling me all the wildlife they encountered. Deer, squirrels, racoons, ducks and baby ducklings- he even brought home a couple acorns in his pocket for the mamma. I love the relationship that these two have, just a dad and his boy hangin out. They love to play rough and tumble, they go out on our back porch and go 'hunting' every night, they do things that as Kalem would say- only the boys do- No girls aloud. Kalem adores his daddy and today followed him around doing exactly as Trev was doing and repeating every word he would say. It is days and moments like this that I am reminded of what a wonderful father my children have.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Cute!!! I love the no girls allowed. I try to play mom and dad for poor Drew. The "guy" times can be a little more of a trial. A certain someone doesn't do much, not even throw balls with him or anything. I am spring training Drew for football. I know I at least have a good spiral throw that I can pass on to him. But I'm not 100% sure I want to put him in football. It starts in July and it is full-on tackle with pads and everything...age 8 Tina...am I insane? Other things are playing Indiana Jones. Before his birthday (I got him a toy Indiana whip) he was making do with a jump rope for one before. We would run/walk - me on the sidewalk, Drew in the bushes on the trails, jumping over them whipping trees, etc. It is so funny! And he would be running the whole time.