Friday 2 May 2008

The House Hunt. . .

Well I think the house hunt might have come to an end, but before I say that things havent been finalised yet so I know anything can happen. But for the moment I can be so excited to think that we might have found the one. Anyone who knows us knows how LONG it takes for us to make a decision- especially on buying a house. I dont know what I was thinking when I actually thought we would have been in a house before Quincy was born. I was up in the night with that thought and consequently my entire wardrobe is still in storage and my current wardrobe consists of maternity clothes only. Well with Quincy being 7 weeks old now and although I still look pregnant I dont feel like wearing maternity clothes anymore. So I had to go shopping for a few items to get me through until I can rummage through my old wardrobe and find some things that will fit me at the moment. ANYWAY, Trevor and I are so excited for this house. It was built in 1929 so its an oldie and will need some work but we are so excited to have something of our own- this temporary living stuff is for the birds and we are ready to get in there and start decorating. Kalem cant wait for a yard to play in and to get all his toys out of storage or 'back from Scotland' as he would say.
Just wanted to share our excitment with you all. Will keep you posted on IF and when it happens.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Tina...I love it. It has charm and character!!! It is so dang cute. It is like the little house you picture when you are growing up and dreaming of having one day with all of the back east charm (which I always wanted)! I love the huge trees and big fun yard and the fact that it isn't the cookie cutter house that sits practically on the curb. Love, love, love it! I will keep my fingers crossed all will go well on the final things to make it yours! Okay, I finally signed up to leave you comments...but my long-winded emails are much more fun! Love ya-Jame

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ditto to Jaimie. Those were all the things I was going to say. It looks right out of a scene in Enchanted, now all you need to do is open the windos while you clean and sing and little animal friends will come to the windows. How fun for you guys. We can't wait to see you on Sunday and hope all goes well with the house. BTW what can I bring?

Kelly said...

Ditto ditto...it is so so cute! What a fun house! I hope this is finally the one and you can stop the house hunting maddness. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend and to see that cute Quincy in person! Don't worry about missing out on my pregnancy bump, you can't miss it right now. Dev likes to call it Spalding cause it looks like I'm smuggling a basketball. Love you guys

Sheila said...

The house looks fab!! Sorry I missed you when you called on Friday night, will try to call you again tonight. We need to get those dates so I can get the flights booked. Jamie doesn't stop talking about going on a plane to Wicago, it is so sweet. We can't wait to see yu all. I am just looking forward to seeeing our 'twins' running around together- I can just see them making lots of mischief in that beautiful garden xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Looks like we'll both blog surfing at the same time. It was so much fun to hang out with you guys. I feel the exact same. We definitely need to hang out, I would love a little getaway trip for the weekend. Hope you guys made it home safe and sound. Oh and would you mind sending me pictures that you took of Ure's wedding and maybe Quincey's blessing. I want to post about all we had this weekend, but unfortunately I didn't pull my camera out once, so I'm relying on my prepared friends to help me mark it in the history books. My email is lincolnperry@netzero,com Thanks your great.